Sunday, October 26, 2008

Catching up

Hello, my apologies for not having posted for such a long time. The sugar-free-year stil continues and is going well!

Things have been hectic in my personal life, though -- my Mum had a stroke on September 8 and I have been travelling a lot to see her (1600-km round trip each time), hence the lack of regular posts.

It was a large hemorrhagic stroke due to an aneurysm, which in turn was probably due to high blood pressure -- will research the effects of sugar on blood pressure and get back to you. My aunt died of a cerebral aneurysm, so perhaps this is a familial tendency I can head off with careful diet.

Meanwhile, I know all my friends will be sending encouragement and sympathy on behalf of Mum -- thank you in advance! She is still in hospital and will shortly move to an extended care home.

No comments: